Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Featured Designer: ev.i's Metalwork Jewelry


This week's featured designer is Ionanna' of ev.i.'s Metalwork Jewelry.  This talented designer from Greece creates such beautiful and unique pieces that are fun, versatile and classic.  I had the opportunity to ask Ioanna some questions about her work and what inspired her to share her craft with the world.  Enjoy :-)

How did you come up with the Name of your Shop?
My shop's name is ''ev.i.'s metalwork jewelry''. I use ''metalwork'' to state that I work with metal sheets, like brass, copper, sterling silver & aluminum, which I myself cut & form into pendants, rings & earrings, with or without gemstones.
The ''ev.i.'' is my name initials.. Evans Ioanna.. ev.ans i.oanna


Tell us a little bit about your shop and what you think makes it unique?

 I have been working with metals & I have my shop for 2 years now. The style of my jewelry is more of boho & hippie. This is the kind of jewelry I wear every day, so I love making teardrops (paisleys), ethnic metal shapes & decorate them with colorful gemstone beads!
I think that everything handcrafted is unique! I love making an idea in my mind into jewelry, by giving form to metal sheet! I am carefully searching for my beads and I am really excited when a piece is finished and beautiful! So, a combination of my inspiration, my crafting to make a piece, my character that shows on it and quality gemstones make my jewelry unique!





How did you get started in your craft?
I visited a bead store, and I was lost in it for hours! I started composing findings & beads to make my earrings and necklaces. Then friends liked them so I made them their own. I went to bazaars, I opened my first shop with jewelry made of polymer clay, resin, wire etc and then I thought I should try myself on metal! And so I did! Through lots of videos watching online and magazines reading at first, to see the techniques tools used
What is your favorite item at the store and why?
Every new piece I make is my favorite!! Until I make the next one & this is how it goes on. I really love the Triple Bezel necklace because of the different stone colors & bezel pendants!
 

Where can we find you?
etsy shop.. www.evismetalworkjewelry.etsy.com
facebook page.. EV.I.’s Handmade Jewelry
twitter.. @evi_jewelry
blog.. www.evi-jewelry.blogspot.gr/
google.. Ioanna Evans
pinterest.. www.pinterest.com/ioannaevans



Make sure to check out all of Ioanna's jewelry.  She has great daily deals in her Etsy shop! 
She frequently has items for 20% off

All of her items are made in my sunny and smoke free workshop and are ☆ Proudly made in Greece ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment