Monday, July 22, 2013

Featured Designer: Charmed by Wine

This week's featured designer is Charmed by Wine.  Mary, the owner and designer, creates these great wine charms.  I hate when I have friends over or when i'm at a party and we get our drinks mixed up.  These wine charms are not only unique, but are super useful and would make great gifts.




I had a chance to ask Mary about her designs and how she started her business.   Check out how these great little wine charms came to be :-)

How did you come up with the Name of your Shop?
Naming my shop was tough! A lot of wine charm related phrases are already taken and I wanted to make sure that if down the road I wanted to expand my offerings past wine charms that the name still made sense! After lists and lists of options and phrase combinations, Charmed By Wine was born!

Tell us a little bit about your shop and what you think makes it unique?


Charmed By Wine is an online boutique shop that sells wine charms for all sorts of occasions. Wine Charms are a perfect way to claim and keep track of a drink, or be an ice-breaker or conversation starter at an event or gathering. Focused on quality and usability, Charmed By Wine produces uniquely designed wine charms made from strong wire with NO clasps, which means they are easy for anyone to use! The charms won't bend out of shape, break, or lose any beads under normal use. This makes them perfect for all sorts of holidays, parties and gatherings. Use them on ANY drink-ware with a stem or handle!
With 20+ guests at any given holiday or gathering, my Italian family is forever walking around asking "Is that my glass?" "Where did I put my wine..." "Where's my coffee cup?" (you would think we'd learn to hang on to our drinks, but everyone knows Italians talk with their hands!). We use wine charms at just about every party, and love when they match the theme of the event! They're the perfect touch of fun to a dinner table, stemmed candles on the mantle or just displayed on the bar.

What is your favorite item at the store and why?


Right now It's a tie between my Dr. Seuss "book series" charms and my flower cluster set. I love how unique each set is and they're all my favorites at one point or another!






How did you get started in your craft?
I recently got married in August 2012. My husband and I had a beautiful wedding inspired by my Italian heritage, our love of clean and classy styles, Sinatra, food and wine. As part of the planning process, I thought it would be a cute idea to give wine charms as favors. The ‘wedding’ sets I was finding were so expensive, and they weren’t very personal. I googled ‘how to make wine charms’ and found that it was really quite easy, and that if I used a certain kind of wire, they were actually more durable and less complicated to use! So, I set to work… After making 1200+ wine charms to put together the same set over and over....I needed to take a break and create something non-wedding related!




Charmed By Wine has it's own homepage, Facebook page, blog and Etsy shop.
www.charmedbywine.weebly.com
www.charmedbywine.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/charmedbywine
www.etsy.com/shop/charmedbywine

Make sure to"Like" or "Follow" Charmed By Wine on Facebook or upcoming coupons and specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment