Thursday, March 14, 2013

I made Candles!!


 
I love candles so the other day I decided to make my own.  I made 5 different scents Jasmine, Rhubarb, Vanilla/ Rhubarb, Rose and Rose/ Peony and now I’m obsessed!  My favorite is the Vanilla/ Rhubarb.  I never thought I would like a rhubarb scented candle, but it smells amazing. J Trying to be more Eco-friendly I made these candles with a clean burning, all natural vegetable wax.  I did not add any coloring because I love the clean look of the creamy white candles.

They are fairly easy to make and I can already see myself making more candles than I will know what to do with.  Can’t wait to make more this weekend J
 
  Supplies:
Container Wax
Glass Containers
Wicks
Glue Gun
Water
Scented Oils (for use with candle wax)
Large Pot
Wax Melting Pot
Skewer/ Stick etc.
Straw
 
 
String wick through the straw.
Place a small amount of glue on the bottom on the wick base
 
 
Use straw to position wick base with glue on the bottom of the glass container.
Remove straw
 

 
Use 1 cup of flake wax to fill a 4oz. container
2 cups to fill an 8oz container etc.

 
 
-Fill pot half way with water.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
-Place candle wax into melting pot.  Carefully place melting pot into hot water.
-Stir with stick, wooden spoon etc until melted.
-Place 2 table spoons of fragrance per pound of wax into melting pot.
-Stir
 
 
-Place stick over the top of the container and wrap excess wick around the stick
-Carefully pour wax into the container
-Let it sit until it is completely cool (maybe over night)
-Remove stick and cut excess wick.
 

YAY!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment